The driver of the Jaguar that entered a house on Feb. 2nd, 2012 has now been charged.
In the early morning hours of Feb. 2nd, 2012, a red Jaguar entered a home at the intersection of Carey and Tillicum roads. Crown Counsel has approved seven charges related to this crash.
One of the charges is for failing to stop for a Victoria Police officer. This was an unrelated incident learned to have occurred on Douglas at Hillside, approximately ten minutes before the crash.
Another charge is for driving while prohibited, in relation to the same man driving a separate vehicle on the Pat Bay Highway, several hours after being released from police custody.
Charged is a 51 year old Saanich resident, Reginald Garry Hook, who is facing the following five criminal offences related to the crash:
– Impaired Operation of a Motor Vehicle Causing Bodily Harm
– Dangerous Driving Causing Bodily Harm
– Fail to Remain at the Scene of an Accident
– Take Motor Vehicle without the Owner’s Consent
– Refusal to Comply with a Blood Sample Demand
Mr. Hook will be appearing in Victoria Provincial Court on all seven charges on March 17th, 2012
Below is the link to the original press release: