30 year old Mark William GUY of Saanich has been formally charged with seven criminal offences resulting from a residential search warrant Tuesday afternoon (July 31st) in the 1200 block of Tattersall Drive.
GUY appeared in Victoria Provincial Court on Wednesday afternoon (August 1st) where he was charged with the following offences:
– possession of both cocaine and ectasy for the purpose of trafficking
– possession of marihuana
– possession of a .357 Magnum revolver without a license
– possession of a .38 Special revolver without a license
– possession of a Remington 870 shotgun without a license
– possession of an unloaded firearm (the .38 Special) with readily accessible ammunition
GUY was remanded in custody at the VIRCC jail for one week. His next court appearance is August 8th.
The 28 yr old man and the 27 yr old woman who were also arrested were released in order to appear in court on September 12th. Formal charges have not yet been approved on these other two individuals.
The Greater Victoria Emergency Response Team (GVERT) assisted the Saanich Police Street Crime Unit with this investigation.